Sunday, June 14, 2009

weekend disaster!




So we we're set up for a pretty good three day weekend of shows. 1st stop, Hollywood, 2nd Flagstaff az, 3rd Back to Los angeles and head home. Friday morning, went to Hertz got our rental car...We got the Maza5 this time





Stopped by the bodyshop (old strip club) my moms bf bought it and is turning it into an all ages club. totally rad, and see good things comming from it. came home, made myself a tuna fish sandwitch, screen printed 5 Large shirts, and got everything else we'd need for the weekend ready. We hit the road by 1ish. Later than we expected, but still made good time getting to Hollywood. The drive isnt that long, but sometimes feels a whole hella of a lot longer each time we make the trip....



Pulled into Hollywood around 7ish, just enough time to check in, and work out our gear arrangements with TORA! TORA! TORA! Ryan mudd missunderstood my e-mail and thought we only needed to bar a guitar amp! here's where the awkwardness starts....His band had no idea, and while talking to their bassist, I threw out, "it's cool if I still use you're bass amp right?" he had the confused looked, "i didn't know you needed to barrow my amp." but he said it'd be cool But than Rough kids were short of gear also, and than it turned SUPER AWKWARD. tora tora tora wasnt cool with it, which is understandable, but they didn't leave it at that..They kinda kept bringing it up, and how it was bullshit they'd ask last min, totally understandable again, but it just made it more awkward and now there was some major tension going on...Tora! Tora! tora! played 1st, I was impressed, Ryan played guitar way way better than I was expecting.



Afterwards rough kids played..I was totally facebooking it during one of their songs and ethan totally karate kicked my phone out of my hand...I thought my phone was broken for a hot min, which I just bought it monday..fuck, but it turned out to be fine...Than Between the drummer and bassist of tora tora tora things were flying on and off stage! My Pb&J sandwhich I had made ended up getting throwing at each other, till Ethan (rough kids) Was singing, grabbed the mic and chucked it at Bassist of tora tora toras head, jumped off stage with his guitar still in hand, landing on bassist head punching away, and all of a sudden a huge brawl breaks out in the room...the rest of Rough kids dove off stage to join the fight..Fists finally stopped flying, security made their way into the room and shut the show down. we we're one song away from playing our set! LAME! so we spent sorta a lot of money on a rental car, and gas to not play la...



As everyone was packing their gear...Ryan mudd hears about the fight, ask's who cause it, went up and started throwing punches! Another fight breaks out in the lobby of the knitting factory in front of All these Hip hop people...GO FIGURE! The hip hop show in the bigger roomer, where guys were being patted down for weapons was way more tame than the silly punk show we had...



Anyway, shit cleared up and we went to a party we we're trying to play..We didn't end up playing, but the BASSIST of the donnas was there, and we we're totally hanging with her. We we're kinda tired, and over the night, so we went to kirks house. I ended up waking up, running to the bathroom, asked kirk if anyone was in there and told him, "im gonna throw up!" turn around start running to the front door, hear him "this way this way!" turn back around, run out the back door and start throwing up all over his backyard...After i finally got it out, I went back to bed, but I kept waking up every other hour throwing up. I had no food in my system so it was straight gross stomic acid. At 6 in the morning, I dunno if it was me over exsaturadting, or not, but I felt like i was going into shock or something...My hands felt like they feel asleep, only they felt like I was being electricuted, and the feeling moved into my stomach and legs...


We decided to cut our looses short, and head home instead of spending even more money to get to flagstaff and back to Los angeles...Plus with all the puking I did, wasn't really in the mood to drive hella far to play...so we came home, Hertz is closed on sunday, cant even return the car till tomorrow (lame)....But all in all, with all the bullshit that happend this weekend, we had fun..Hope everyone in tora tora tora and rough kids are alright, and hopefully next time we actually play before shit like that happends lol

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel bad for you dudes. But that show was memorable.

    ReplyDelete